Camden Street Works
Fitzrovia is a constantly changing landscape of which will play host to some large redevelopment and construction works in the coming months. Below is a list of large projects along with their current timescales.
- 1 Bedford Avenue demolition is now complete with construction works due to be underway imminently.
- UCLH Cancer Therapy excavation works has begun which will see up to 50 construction lorries per day being diverted around Fitzrovia.
- Saatchi & Saatchi building redevelopment works have begun. Chitty Street has closed to through traffic and hoarding is being placed around the site in Whitfield Street and Howland Street. A new pedestrian crossing is being installed to redirect people around the hoarding. There are also plans to redesign the junction of Howland Street and Charlotte Street to allow for large lorries delivering to the site.
- Heals Building works continue with a new store entrance now in action.
- Work continues at Lombok to create a new and improved frontage.
All of the above timescales are subject to change. Once further information is received The Fitzrovia Partnership will notify its members. For up to date street works affecting your business please click here.