We take advantage of the services of First Mile, our preferred waste and recycling partner, to reduce our own environmental impact. Not quite as good as some of our member businesses who achieve gold, but we’re always striving for improvement…
Login into the members’ area for key reports
What we do
Environmental, economic, social initiatives, business resilience, green public realm
Fitzrovia Partnership is constantly looking at ways of improving and enhancing the work experience in the area for member businesses and their employees.
The project and initiatives are broad and diverse:
Our Environmental Initiatives
• Strategic placemaking
• Waste consolidation – with First Mile
• Freight consolidation – with DMG, request new seed-infused paper
• FitzPark and green infrastructure including hanging baskets
• Green transport – bikes
Fitzrovia cycle parking map – our Fitzrovia cycle parking map locates all the parking stations around Fitzrovia, as well as cycles for hire and dockless cycle bays, so cyclists can always locate a spot to park nearby whilst enjoying Fitzrovia’s attractions and amenities.
Our Social Initiatives
• Protecting and celebrating the area’s heritage
• Employability programme with local schools, agencies and colleges
• Corporate Social Responsibility
Our Economic Initiatives
• Business Resilience
• Member collaborations
Fitzrovia Village, part of Clean Air Villages 3 (CAV3) is a DEFRA funded project through Cross River Partnership (CRP) to improve the air quality in 16 different London ‘villages’, where both air pollution and population density levels are high.
Developments by CRP
• Clean Air Village Directory for Fitzrovia Supporting suppliers using ultra-low emission vehicles, cargo bikes or by foot
• Fitzrovia Clean Air Walking Route
• LiveShares – Saving Money whilst Improving Sustainability
Improving Public Realm
As part of our Shaping Change deliverable, The Fitzrovia Partnership is constantly looking at ways to improve public realm in the area. Many of these measures result in supporting Sustainable Working with the outputs being clean air and healthy streets.
The latest developments includes:
Fitzrovia “Streateries” Project: turning parking and delivery bays into eating spaces for local hospitality businesses
New Green Spaces: Whitfield Gardens regeneration on Tottenham Court Road and the new park on Alfred Place, both part of the West End Project, we are working closely with Camden Council and the West End Project Team.
Developments by The Fitzrovia Partnership
• Installation of FitzPark
• Consolidating deliveries workshops (with TfL)
• Research to provide electric alternatives for deliveries
• Sustainability forum for Fitzrovia businesses
• Introducing initiatives from Camden Climate Change Alliance (CCCA)
• Supporting and promoting Camden Climate Pledge
• Further development of Fitzrovia Village concept, working with ARUP to provide feasibility and concepts designs in line with The Mayor of London’s Healthy Streets agenda.
• Installation of Vivacity data monitors to count traffic flow, type and movement
• Working with Camden Council as part of a consultation process for changes in the area
New funding opportunities: working with all our sustainability partners to establish how to access additional funding to support for areas such as urban greening, low and zero emission transport interventions and waste/freight consolidation projects.
For example: The Mayor’s £10m Green Deal, DEFRA 2021-22 Air Quality Grant, TfL Healthy Street for Business
Our sustainability partners
Business resilience is the ability an organisation has to quickly adapt to disruptions whilst maintaining continuous business operations and safeguarding people, assets and overall brand equity. It incorporates crisis management and business continuity.
The Fitzrovia Partnership is a hub of information and resources gathered from our partners and agencies to ensure member businesses are up to date.
If you would like to receive timely updates on critical security and business updates, sign up for our e-alerts.
Why Business Resilience?
All organisations, of any size or type, anywhere in the world, face a wide range of risks which could cause them long-term harm, from financial penalty to reputational damage.
• Pandemic threats, including COVID-19 SARS and Avian Flu
• Natural disasters
• Economic disruption and market turbulence
• Terrorist-related incidents and disruption
• Cyber crime and cyber terrorism
• Civil emergencies, strikes, and similar action
• Compliance failures
• Disruptive technological advances
• Technology failure
• Supply chain failure
Our business resilience partners
The Business Resilience Resource Hub
1.Personal Safety and Counter-terrorism
CSSC: The Cross-sector Safety & Security Communications (CSSC) hub is a partnership between law enforcement agencies, local and national government organisations and private sector businesses.
National Counter Terrorism Security Office: For videos and the latest information on Crowded Places Guidance; Run, Hide, Tell; Advice for Security Managers.
National Counter Terrorism Security Office
MI5: For information on the latest security levels, business security and travel advice.
Information from MI5
2. Cyber Security
NCSC: The National Cyber Security Centre (NCSC) provides support to public sector, industry, SMEs as well as the general public by providing effective incident response, help with recovery and practical guidance.
3. Health Safety
Public Health England: aims to protect and promote the nation’s health and well-being and protecting the nation from public health hazards.
The Fitzrovia Partnership has developed a website dedicated to COVID-19 which helps businesses ‘REACTIVATE, RECOVER, REVIVE’
It includes all the latest information on Government and Local Authority business support.
Corporate Social Responsibility
The Fitzrovia Partnership works with local schools, agencies, colleges to offer education and skills programmes and workshops. We also are committed to supporting a number of special local charitable and community organisations such as the local hospital, UCLHospital.
The Fitzrovia Partnership’s chosen charity: The Children’s Ward at UCLH
Our corporate social responsibility partners
University College London Hospital (UCLH)
University College London Hospital Children and Young People’s Ward (UCLH) Supporting fundraising programmes for the University College London Hospital Children and Young People’s Ward (UCLH):
• Donate a Gift
• Fitzmas Challenge
• Project Snacks with sponsored by Deliveroo (organised by The Fitzrovia Partnership)
• COVID support initiatives: Sweet Treats, Delivery Drinks, hand creams, lip balms
FitzFest (Fitzrovia Arts Festival) is an annual celebration of the bohemian and artistic spirit of Fitzrovia. The festival showcases live performances, exhibitions and activities around Fitzrovia by Fitzrovia artists.
Fitzrovia Youth In Action
Supporting Camden’s leading youth action charity with local activities and events.
All Soul's Primary School
All Soul’s Primary School is the only school in the Fitzrovia BID area. It is a vibrant multicultural community with children coming from all walks of life with varying degrees of home stability and support. As with any central London school, it is short on space.
For 2021, The Fitzrovia Partnership is sponsoring the new space opposite the school to enable the children to have breakfast and after-school clubs.