The Prime Minister’s step 4 of the roadmap out of lockdown will continue from 19 July. This means:
- There will be no limits on numbers of attendees at sport events and life events like weddings.
- Remaining businesses can reopen, like nightclubs.
- Face coverings will no longer be compulsory by law but will be expected on public transport and crowded enclosed spaces.
- Positive cases and contacts of positive cases identified by NHS Test and Trace will still be legally required to self-isolate, even for vaccinated.
- Double vaccinated Brits arriving from amber list countries won’t need to self-isolate on return.
- Regular testing will be encouraged for all adults.