There are more than 250 businesses in Fitzrovia who are members of The Fitzrovia Partnership. Businesses become automatic voting members if their property’s rateable value is £160,000 or above. There is also the option for smaller businesses to join as voluntary members. Membership is a diverse mix of businesses which reflect the interesting and vibrant make-up of Fitzrovia.
Members benefits sit under three sustainability objectives: Economic, Environmental and Social. On average, member businesses enjoy an 8:1 return on investment on economic sustainability activities and an immeasurable return on environmental and social activities and deliverables
Benefits at a glance
COVID-19 response highlights
• Full savings and procurement programme
£500,000 in identified business cost savings
• Timely business critical communications
100,000+ update Covid emails to inform businesses
• District wide signage
Vertical and floor signage to manage footfall traffic
• District wide security
6616 street warden interventions, supporting essential retail and local community
• Fitzrovia Streateries
Streateries implemented on four streets to support hospitality industry
• Support for local hospital and workers
£35,000 raised for UCLH – Children’s Ward and key workers – and supply of additional provisions
Other member benefits
- A COLLECTIVE VOICE to represent businesses with local authorities and agencies
- LOBBYING AND ADVOCACY with central government
- BUSINESS and SECURITY BRIEFINGS and key communication updates
- FREE TRAINING programmes for personal development
- FREE RECYCLING allocation
- REDUCED RATES for waste, stationery, handyman, pest, control, IT services
- ADDITIONAL safe street presence (Street Wardens) and environmental focus (Environmental Officer)
- SUSTAINABILITY programmes and local infrastructure
- MEMBER NETWORKING events and business introductions
- EXTENSIVE FREE LOCAL MARKETING and destination marketing
- MEMBER 2 MEMBER OFFERS, preferential rates and loyalty programme
- INSIGHT REPORTS and communications
- IMPACT EVALUATION studies
The BID levy is applied to properties in the BID’s geographical area with a rateable value of £160,000 or more. For businesses with a rateable value below £160,000 or for businesses in Fitzrovia but outside the defined area, they can join as voluntary members.
To arrange a meeting to see how you can take full advantage of the many benefits, please contact our team by emailing or calling 020 3146 4260.
Your Membership Fee
The membership fee is calculated on your Property’s Rateable Value. Voting members The BID Levy is fixed at 0.9% of rateable value using the 2017 rating list as at 1 April 2017 (rising annually by 3% to reflect inflation).
The 2021/22 multiplier equals 1.01%.
Property Rateable Value: £160,000
BID Levy 2021/22: £1,616
For businesses with a rateable value below £160,000 or for businesses in Fitzrovia but outside the defined BID area, they can join as voluntary members. They will receive all the benefits of membership with the exception of the ability to vote during the BID renewal process which takes place every five years.
Voluntary members have full access to all of The Fitzrovia Partnership’s services, events and marketing.
If you are interested in becoming a Voluntary member, please contact our team by emailing or calling 020 3146 4260.